Sunday, September 28, 2008

It's been a busy last few weeks, but now that I think about it, I cant remember a whole lot that happened. But here's a few highlights:

Last Saturday we took Lynn to the vet. She has a slow thyroid and it was time for a refill. I decided to go to a new vet since the last one I took her to here in Salt Lake was really rude. This new vet was a TON better. I am so much happier taking here there. I was hoping her thyroid was still low because that would mean she would more medicine and it would hopefully solve her weight and shedding problem. Well, good news/bad news...her thyroid level is good on the medication that she is on. But that also means that we need to walk her more and switch her food - cause she needs to lose about 20 pounds...probably doesn't help that she ate a whole pumpkin pie at my parents last night (while we were gone).

Also, a few weeks ago I twisted my knee and felt this tingling sensation. It didn't hurt too bad, but always had this weird feeling in side of it. Then, a few days ago, it started to hurt really really bad. It was bad enough that I went and saw one of Geoff's trainers. He thought that I may have torn off a piece of cartilage and said that I should go see a doctor. I'd been putting that off cause it seems like by the time I can get into a doctor, the problem I'm going for has gone away. Well, I was able to get an appointment for Monday, and sure enough it doesn't hurt anymore. I was even able to run yesterday. I'm debating on whether or not to go - I hate going in the first place, but then going in a saying "My knee used to hurt, but its fine now" - I just don't see the point.

School is going good for both of us. Geoff took his first test this last week and I had my first one on Saturday. It's been really hard for both of us to stay on top of our homework. Basketball hasn't started yet for Geoff but they are doing conditioning and lifting. I've done a few of their workouts, and I can't believe some of the stuff they do - it's killer.

The spider problem has gone away, but we have a new bug come into our hall. It's called a Jerusalem Cricket, and they are so gross. Their like 1 1/2 inches long, and they don't even look like a real bug. We sprayed the first 2, but I guess they are supposed to be really good and harmless so we haven't sprayed any more of them. This is what they look like.


Gross - I know...

2 comments:

Tati said...

sick, where do you guys live that you have so many bugs?

Janet said...

Yip---that sweet, loyal Lynn ate that whole pumpkin pie, but dad and I think that Buckles (Lynn's Springer Spaniel sister) coaxed her into pulling it off the stove so they could both enjoy it! We could just see them in cahoots with each other.

That bug is uuuuuugly. Oh, the joys of nature!

Mom